Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully before submitting your security deposit. By clicking ‘I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions’ on the checkout page, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Application: Submit an online application.
2. Program Acceptance: Our team will contact you within 72 hours to confirm your session details. If the session you have applied for still has availability, you will receive a Program Acceptance email.
3. Deposit Payment: Your Program Acceptance email will contain a link to our Payment Portal. A refundable deposit* is required to hold your spot in the session you have applied for. You will receive an email receipt if the payment was successful.
4. Booking Confirmation: When your deposit has been processed, you will receive a Payment Confirmation email with a link to create a Travelers Portal account. TheTravelers Portal contains information about flights, visas, vaccinations, our volunteer Facebook group, and your remaining balance.
5. Flight Booking: When your flights have been booked, please upload your flight itinerary to the Travelers Portal. We will use this information to schedule your airport transfers.
6. Balance Payment: Your Travelers Portal will contain a link to our Payment Portal. The balance of your program fee is due 60 days before arrival*. You will receive a Payment Confirmation email when your balance payment has been received.
7. Pre-departure: 30 days before your scheduled arrival date, pre-departure information will be automatically updated to your Travelers Portal, including an in-country emergency phone number and a suggested packing list, as well as information about currency exchange and what to expect on arrival.
* All payments (including the deposit) are refundable until 60 days before arrival, however the transaction fee “tax” is non-refundable.
Flights & Visas
Airport transfers are included in the Program Fee and arranged by GVE on your scheduled arrival and departure dates. Transfers may be arranged on other days of the week but may incur a small fee.
All volunteers are responsible for ensuring that their passport is up to date and valid for travel. Please see the Travelers Portal for additional information about flight, visa and travel regulations for your destination.
GVE recommends that all volunteers secure medical and travel insurance for the duration of their session. If you have a domestic insurance policy, you must ensure that it includes overseas coverage.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
A security deposit is required to hold your spot in the session you have applied for. This deposit is refundable until 60 days before your scheduled arrival date (transaction fee “tax” is non-refundable) and is part of the total Program Fee. After 60 days before your arrival date, your program fee is not eligible for a refund.
Your remaining balance is due 60 days before your scheduled arrival date. If the full Program Fee is not received 60 days before your arrival date, you may be considered for cancellation (unless prior arrangements have been made with GVE).
Every reasonable effort will be made to operate the program as planned; however, should unforeseen events and conditions require our itinerary to be altered or canceled, GVE reserves the right to do so for the safety and best interest of our volunteers. If such issues arise and GVE is forced to cancel one or more weeks, a full refund will be issued.
GVE reserves the right to use any photos or videos posted on the Global Vet Experience (GVE) Facebook page for promotional purposes.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.globalvetexperience.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.