Students take on a Buffalo Capture
The other day some of our students went out on the quest of a buffalo capture. These amazing creatures can weigh around 900kg which is nearly 2,000lbs! Luckily we had a heavy duty stretcher and many happy volunteers to help!
Still curious about this fantastic animal? Here are some fun facts:
- Twins at birth are very rare
- White calves are also very rare
- Buffalo can often swim in deep water to help look for food.
- Their skin, “hide, on the neck is as thick as 2inches- this aids in protection in fights
- Their memory is phenomenal much like elephants, it has been known to attack people that have harmed them even years after such event.
- They have been known to seek and kill out lion cubs as a preventative measure on their survival.
If this is one of your favorite animals or know more cool and interesting facts, please share!